Medical Device & Diagnostic Industry is a monthly magazine written exclusively for original equipment manufacturers of medical devices and in vitro diagnostic products. The goal of MD&DI is to help industry professionals develop, design, and manufacture medical products that comply with complex and demanding regulations and market requirements. MD&DI is published 12 times each year, along with two additional issues of its Guide to Outsourcing supplement.
For more than 30 years, MD&DI has served the industry as the leading source of in-depth news and information. MD&DI' s feature articles offer authoritative perspectives and provide a valuable reference on the full range of device industry issues. In addition to peer-reviewed articles by leading experts on specific technology issues, broader features offer overviews of key business, industry, and regulatory topics. For more information on submitting a manuscript, click here.
MD&DI delivers editorial content that readers can find nowhere else. Whether they're looking for information to help their buying decisions, to improve their manufacturing and design processes, to comply with regulations, or to understand market demand, they know they will find it in MD&DI .
- MD&DI 's editorial quality and reliability has won it an unparalleled degree of trust from the industry.
- This trust is further strengthened by MD&DI 's longtime policy of peer review of its articles. All articles submitted for consideration for publication are reviewed by members of MD&DI 's editorial advisory board.
- The best and brightest industry experts contribute to the pages of MD&DI ; many of their articles have become standards of reference for the medical device industry.
MD&DI 's editorial reputation grows out of the critical contributions of three groups: its editors, advisory board members, and readers.
- MD&DI 's editors have more than four decades of experience in trade journalism and the medical device industry. They are well known in the industry throughout both the United States and Europe. In addition to full-time staff, several contributing editors, covering a variety of special-interest areas, strengthen MD&DI 's content. To contact the staff, click here . http://www.devicelink.com/mddi/staff.html
- MD&DI 's editorial advisory board is made up of more than 30 industry experts in all areas affecting the medical device industry. They review each issue on a monthly basis and are actively involved in helping to set the direction and tone of the magazine.
- MD&DI 's readers play an essential role in the magazine. A review board of device-industry readers, numbering more than 100, reviews each issue and offers ideas for future issues.
All year long, MD&DI offers its readers information and tools not available from any other source. Here are just a few examples:
Guide to Outsourcing : The business world is getting more and more connected each day. This presents medical device manufacturers with outsourcing options that they never would have thought possible a few years ago. How can a device company leverage outsourcing to cope with the globalized economy? This question and many others are tackled in MD&DI 's Guide to Outsourcing, published in March and August each year. Not all device classes are created equal when it comes to decisions about outsourcing. MD&DI's Guide to Outsourcing shows device firms which products' manufacturing is best outsourced overseas, which is best outsourced domestically, and which is best kept in-house.
Medical Design Excellence Awards : The winners of the Medical Design Excellence Awards for best medical device designs are announced and profiled in the April issue of MD&DI . In this extensive spread, you can find out who won, why they won, and how their victories reflect the latest trends in medical device design.
MD&DI's Manufacturers of the Year : Which companies have really made a difference in the device industry? MD&DI honors those that have achieved a high level of excellence in a number of areas. Find out whose innovations and practices are worth being considered a standard for the whole industry.
Industry Yearbook : This valuable reference tool encapsulates everything you need to know about the device industry's market, finance, manufacturing, and regulatory trends. Each year, this issue presents important new statistics that help companies plan their strategies for the coming year.
Salary Survey : Which positions and fields are at the top of the mountain in the device industry? Find out which jobs have the best pay, the best opportunities for advancement, and the best chances for job satisfaction. These and other employment trends can be found in MD&DI's survey results and related coverage.