2013 MDEA Deadlines and Entry Fees
To be eligible for entry in the 2013 Medical Design Excellence Awards (MDEA) competition, all entered products must be commercially available—able to be ordered or purchased—by December 31, 2012. Click here to review complete Eligibility Requirements.
Deadlines and entry fees for the 2013 MDEA competition are as follows:
|Early-bird deadline:||November 9, 2012||$400|
|Standard deadline:||December 7, 2012||$600|
|Late deadline:||January 11, 2013||$700|
- Entry fees may be paid via VISA, MasterCard, or American Express credit accounts, when authorized by the cardholder’s signature on the hard-copy of the Entry Questionnaire.
- If paying by check, all check and money order payments must be made in U.S. funds drawn on a U.S. bank. Make checks payable to UBM Canon LLC. Please write the name of the submitted product(s) on the check in the memo field. And mail along with hard copy portion of the of the submission’s entry materials.
- Entry fees are not refundable under any circumstances.
- Entrants are responsible for payment of all fees related to the delivery of their entry materials and sample products, including customs tariffs, brokerage charges, and other shipping costs. Delivery-related invoices received by UBM Canon will be forwarded to the submitter for payment.
For an entry to be considered on time for the 2013 MDEA competition, and for all entry materials to be considered during judging, entrants should adhere to the following deadlines. For a complete checklist of all required and recommended entry materials, submitters should refer to the 2013 Entry Materials Checklist. If possible, please submit all required and recommended materials together in the original submission. If extra time is needed to submit recommended materials only, please notify us.
- All required materials and entry fees must be received by UBM Canon no later than 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the deadline for which entry fee you pay (Nov. 9 - $400; Dec. 7 - $600; or Jan. 11 - $700).
- Upon request, any additional recommended materials (including sample products and product demo videos) must be received by UBM Canon no later than 5:00 p.m. (PST) on January 25, 2013.
- Late submission or omission of required materials may result in imposition of a late fee or disqualification of your entry.
- Entries found to be incomplete after the final entry deadline are subject to disqualification regardless of when the original materials arrived or what entry fee has been paid.
- Entry fees are not refundable under any circumstances
Download print versions
- 2013 MDEA Deadlines and Entry Fees
- 2013 MDEA Entry Instructions
- 2013 MDEA Entry Questionnaire
- 2013 MDEA Entry Materials Checklist